Thursday, May 16, 2013

What are the Advantages of Using a Proxy Server?



I have been asked many times if it’s worth it to use a proxy server.  My answer is always an emphatic “YES”!  

I travel a lot.  Since my means of transportation is usually a car, I often work while on the road.  This means using public hotspots, whether it’s when I stop at Starbucks for a quick snack, or when I stop for the night at a motel.  This always worried me before I started using Private Proxy’s proxy servers.  You never know if someone at the next table or in the next room is a hacker, but now, I don’t have to worry because I know that everything I send out from my computer is encrypted.  Sure, you can find some free proxies, but some may not be so trustworthy.  Because they’re free, they can be used by anyone and they are usually not encrypted, so you’re not really safe from hacking.  You also have to be careful because some of these proxies are monitored by the owners of the sites.  By monitoring, they can get your personal information.  

Another advantage is that no one knows when I’m traveling or when I’m at home.  With Private Proxy, I have a choice of many servers, both rotating and static, in many areas of the United States, Canada and the Netherlands.  This way, I can use a server in my area of the country when I want my travels to remain private or, I can choose a server across the country when I’m invited to the hundredth kid’s birthday party of the year at Chuck E Cheese!  After all, there is a limit on how much bad pizza and how many screaming kids one person can take.  

Even when I travel outside of the United States, I can still keep in touch with friends, family and my local news.  Since some websites aren’t available all over the world, all I have to do is choose which one of the US servers I would like to use and no matter where I am, the Internet will be “fooled” into thinking I’m home.  I will then have access to sites that would normally be blocked in whatever country I’m traveling in.  I can watch my favorite TV shows, read my local newspapers and shop on sites that would only be available to me in the United States.  All of this without worrying that someone could steal my information by breaking into my data stream.

When I chose Private Proxy as my proxy service, encryption was one of the major selling points.  I like knowing that no matter where I go in the world, even if I’m just around the corner or at home using my wireless router, no one will be able to grab my information and use it to their advantage.  Also, the proxies are never monitored and only Private Proxy clients have access to their servers.  Add that to the choice of multiple servers in different areas of the United States, Canada and the Netherlands and I was hooked.  

Private Proxy offers a free trial period so you can see all the advantages for yourself.  Simply go to the home page and click on the link for the Risk Free Trial at the right of the screen. 

No comments: