Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Value of Private Proxy


When I became a blog writer was the time I realized the value of Private Proxy. I got familiar with the internet some five or six years ago. My first activities were mostly browsing different sites without any specific reason. As a teacher, I discovered the benefits of the internet as an unlimited resource center. After some time, I used email as my major means of contact with my relatives and friends in other countries.

Some years back, social networking became the trend in online activities. Out of curiosity, I opened an account with each of the three major social networking sites. By that time, I already had an idea about privacy issues, but I was not concerned. As required, I provided some personal information to these sites. The social media thing was a different experience. It was really thrilling, connecting to everyone from virtually anywhere. I was not conscious that I was already providing too much data about me on the internet.

Sometime last year, I got the chance to do a part-time online job. I started writing eight blogs every week about internet privacy issues. I have to submit these to four identified sites, two blogs to each site. Through this job, I learned more about internet privacy issues. I came to know about online safety, identity theft, data breaches, online fraud, hacking, internet privacy, protecting personal information, and much more. But still, I did not give any importance to my own privacy.

My attitude was changed by an unusual incident. One night, I could not open any of the four sites to which I had to upload my blogs. I suspected that something was wrong, so I contacted the blog site owner. He advised me to open other sites that I frequently visit. I was able to do so with all except these four. There was no doubt that I was intentionally blocked from accessing the sites.

To solve the problem, he advised me to use Private Proxy. I thought it was complicated, but he guaranteed that I could do it easily. His instruction was to download the software, which took me a few minutes to complete. Then, I needed to follow the simple instructions that were embedded within the software interface. Sure enough, I was able to open the sites again!

I could not believe that somebody would take interest in my privacy. Why should those websites be blocked to me? What do I have that would warrant such interest? For one, I do not have an online business, credit cards, or big sums of money in bank accounts. What does a blog writer have? However, I realized that I do not have to be “somebody” to become a victim, and I started to appreciate the value of using a proxy server. From that time on, I use Private Proxy every time I go online. These and other benefits are offered by a private proxy. There will be more about the rest of the benefits next time.

Image courtesy of:

Image: sheelamohan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: